The Bowling Green Road Runners is a nonprofit organization of runners and walkers at all levels and abilities, who are committed to physical fitness and improving their community by encouraging, connecting, and supporting other runners and walkers within the region.
Bowling Green Road Runners is a member of Road Runners Club of America (RRCA), the oldest and largest organization in the US dedicated to distance running.
- Encourage local and out of town competitive road racing participation and provide notification of upcoming events and races.
- Sponsor competitive road races and walking events.
- Provide financial assistance to area high school running programs.
- Conduct an annual Grand Prix consisting of selected local races, with financial prizes awarded to male and female category winners
- Support and assist in community efforts to promote running and fitness, such as the Greenways project.
- Publish a monthly newsletter
- Hold monthly meetings
- Maintain a website
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook
- Members receive discounts at local businesses as advertised in the newsletter.