BGRR Grand Prix Guidelines
Bowling Green Road Runners has final authority on all decisions related to the administration of the Grand Prix, including, but not limited to, the eligibility requirements.
- Points accrual is easy for nearly all BGRR members at all levels of performance. Current BGRR members are only compared to other current BGRR members for finish placement / points awarded. If you participate in most or all of the Grand Prix races, you'll probably be surprised at the level of points you will accumulate!
- Adult competitors must complete at least 6 events to be eligible for an award, while minors in the 14 & Under divisions must complete at least 5 events to obtain eligibility.
- In addition to the minimum race participation requirement listed above, adult competitors must meet the BGRR Volunteerism requirement. That requirement can be met thru volunteer options such as BGRR Greenway Clean-Up days or volunteering at a BGRR managed race event. While minor competitors are not required to volunteer, their involvement is encouraged.
- Volunteers will provide help to the race director in some capacity to be determined by the race director. The volunteered race can be any race BGRR is working and does not have to be a Grand Prix race.
- A volunteer form signed by the race director or BGRR official must be submitted for satisfaction of volunteer requirement.
- Click here for a copy of the volunteer form.
- Points from 8 of the 9 Grand Prix race events will be used to determine award winners for each age division. Each competitor’s lowest score will be dropped.
- Each race will be worth a maximum of 30 points.
- Points will be calculated based on the total number of points for races completed by active members in good standing. Any races completed prior to joining / membership renewal will not apply.
- Points calculated and awarded in decreasing amounts (by 2) for 1st through 15th places of current BGRR members (e.g., 30 for 1st place, 28 for 2nd place, 26 for 3rd place, 24/22/20/18/16/14/12/10/8/6/4/2) in each division for each race. For clarification, placement is determined by comparison of current BGRR members only, so if you place 15 overall in a particular race, but only 2 other current BGRR members finish ahead of you, you will be awarded points as the 3rd place finisher (26 points) for that race.
Snow Flurry Scurry RFC Half Marathon Butterflies for Maddie 5K Green River Catfish 5-miler Garden Spot Run 5K Run for Sight 5K The Courageous Kids 6K Medical Center 10K Checkered Flag Chase 5K
- The Great Turkey 5K (11/24)
Top 3 finishers in the following divisions (male and female):
- Kid's 14-Under
- Open (15-39)
- Masters (40-49)
- Grandmasters (50-59)
- Great Grandmasters (60+)
Competitor age as of the first event completed will govern for age categories.
Special award for all competitors that complete all 9 events in the Grand Prix.
Prizes are awarded at the BGRR Annual Social.